If I’m not satisfied with the decision made by the Board of Tax Appeals in my appeal, what can I do?

The appellant and/or the Department of Revenue may appeal the decision of the Board of Tax Appeals to court (chancery or circuit depending on the statute under which you are appealing). The time period for appealing from an order of the Board of Tax Appeals to court varies from 30 to 60 days depending on the type of administrative appeal involved. In addition to timely filing an appeal with the appropriate court, you may also be required to perform other acts prior to filing your appeal such as posting bond, paying the uncontested portion of a tax, paying the tax under protest in lieu of posting a bond, or paying the estimate of the cost of preparing the record made before the board.

Woolfolk State Building | 501 N. West Street, Suite 601, Jackson, MS 39201
Phone: 601-359-6604 | FAX: 601-359-2923